Last fall, we took a trip to a local U-Pick lavender farm. It was their last weekend before closing for the season so we could pick an entire basket for $5. They also grow rows of flowers & we could mix & match our basket.
It was a lovely time. We enjoyed watching the bees buzz-ily gathering supplies for the cooler weather.
We also took a lot of lovely photos & got this recipe for Lavender Lemonade.
- 5 cups water, divided
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender blossoms
- 1 cup lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 1/2 cups of water and sugar to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; add lavender blossoms.
- Let stand at least one hour.
- Strain to remove lavender blossoms.
- Stir in remaining water and lemon juice, adding more water depending on taste.
- Serve over ice.
- Make sure your lavender flowers have not been sprayed with pesticides.